San Jose Zouaves now on FACEBOOK!
Membership in the forum is for Club members and sponsored guests ONLY.
To join the forum, send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org with: Full name, Facebook name, Zouaves Membership number - and/or approximate date of last match shot.
It takes a few days to cross-reference and validate the membership data, so please be patient!
|March 17 Run & Gun Match and R&G Match Diagram
May 18, 2013
Memorial Day Match
About 12:00 noon
immediately after the morning club match
300 Meter (reduced) and 300 Meter F-class targets will be
available for practice for the Memorial Day Match. These are the targets that will be used in
the match. Twenty minute firing
periods. Repeat as often as you like.
Fee: No charge to anyone who participated in the morning
match. $10 for all others.
Memorial Day Match May 25
For the past 2 years we have run a fund-raising match at the Santa Clara
Field Sports Park Metcalf Range to benefit our disabled veterans. Last
year we more than doubled the amount of funds raised for them, taking in
around $4,000. We called it the "Purple XXXXX Match," in honor of those disabled veterans - a name which
gained recognition as a very worthwhile event to participate in.
Organizations that had never participated before have been contacting me
requesting information on the XXXXX Heart Match.
However, a member of
another veterans group named something like "Order of the Purple XXXXX"
got his XXXXX panties in a XXXXX knot because he believes they have some sort of
proprietary patent on the name "Purple XXXXX." The organization sent a lawyers' letter
threatening court action if we continued using the "XXXX-XXXXX" name.
still running the same worthwhile match, but it's now called the
"Memorial Day Match" - due to the patriotism of the members of
the Coyote Valley Sharpshooters who gave up their 4th Saturday range
day, and we will conduct it on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.
The match bulletin for the 2013 Memorial Day Match which will be
conducted on 25 May at the Santa Clara County Field Sports Park 200 Yard
Range beginning at 8:00 am. The match is the same as last year:
International Prone rules, 3 minute preparation period, 5 minutes for
unlimited sighters, and 25 minutes for 20 scoring rounds. Two classes
have been added: Cowboy and Optical Cowboy. The entry fee is only $20,
and lunch is free. There will also be the traditional raffle
and a silent auction, and this
year's top prize will be a sporterized M1917 Enfield with scope mounts.
Current Competitors and Juniors
- The Adult Practice Match is at 8:00 AM on the First Saturday of every month.
- The Junior Program is at 8:30 AM on the Second Saturday of every month.
- The Adult Club Match is at 8:00 AM on the Third Saturday of every month.
- Club Scores and Special Match Announcements are located on the Events & Scores page.
- All Zouaves events are run on the 200 yard range at Field Sports Park.
- Read the Member Page and New Shooter FAQ for information.
- Print, read, and fill out the Membership Application.
- Come down by 8:00 AM on the 1st Saturday of the month.
- You don't need to call ahead or bring any equipment.
- You will need to bring a Picture ID and $80 (New Member Fee + Range Fee + Ammo Draw).
New Juniors and Parents
- Read the Junior Page and Junior FAQ for information.
- Print, read, and fill out the Junior Consent Form.
- Come down on at 8:30AM on the 2nd Saturday of the month.
- You don't need to call ahead unless you have a group of 10 or more. If so, refer to Junior Page for instructions.
- There is no charge. Our members fund the juniors program.
Renewals and CMP Purchases
- Annual renewals are due in May. More information can be found on the membership page.
- Zouaves Match Bulletins are "Proof of Participation in a Marksmanship or Other Firearms Related Activity"
- Your Current Zouaves membership card is your "Proof of Current Membership in a CMP Affiliated Organization"
Tips for using this site
- To explore the site, use the menus to the left.
- A search box is located in the upper right hand corner.
- The Resource pages contain the answers to many common questions.
- Use the "Print page" link
to print pages and score bulletins.
It is located at the bottom of the page, and will
open a window with just the article (no menus, etc.) for a clean printout.
Welcome to the Zouaves. We look forward to seeing you down at the Range!