County of Santa Clara Field Sports Park Rifle/Pistol Range Regulations
Rifle and Pistol Regulations
The following safety procedures have been established to ensure the health and safety of the individuals who use this facility.
YOU are responsible for reading, understanding and following these range rules.
- The Rangemaster has full authority in operating the range and must be obeyed.
- Carry uncased firearms with the muzzle straight up, action open, magazine out and finger off the trigger.
- On the firing line, keep the firearm muzzle pointed straight up or down range at all times.
- Keep your finger off the trigger, and outside the trigger guard, until you have your sight picture.
- Loaded firearms are permitted on the firing line during firing periods only.
- Anyone entering the range with a loaded firearm will be refused entry.
- Know your firearm and ammunition.
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
- Know where others are at all times.
- Ear and eye protection are required to be properly worn by everyone on the range.
- Mixing alcohol and drugs with shooting activities is not permitted.
- During cease fire, stay behind the "red line". Do not approach the shooting station for any reason.
- During cease fire, firearms or equipment are not permitted to be
moved onto or off the range. Do not handle any firearms or equipment
during cease fire.
- All firearms are to be cased or uncased on the shooting bench with the muzzle pointed down range.
- Holsters are not permitted on the range.
- Anyone can call a cease fire.
- Anyone firing after a cease fire may be asked to leave the range.
- Shooting at anything other than your target may result in expulsion from the range.
- NO RAPID FIRE! A minimum of three seconds is required between shots.
- If you have a misfire or other problem, keep the muzzle pointed down
range and raise your hand, a Rangemaster will attend to the problem.
- You must obey all range commands immediately.
- Shooters must shoot only from shooting stations, unless directed by a Rangemaster to do otherwise.
- Rifle muzzle loaders must keep the muzzle up during cease fire by placing the gun in a rack or in the crutch of the bench.
- ALL BRASS AND TRASH MUST BE PICKED UP AS DIRECTED BY THE RANGEMASTER.
- With the exception of coaching, no more than one person is allowed at the shooting station.
- Non-paying visitors may be allowed on the range at the discretion of the Rangemaster.
- Posting targets is permitted only during a cease fire period.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.